Job Description: Business Operations Intern
Sprout is a trusted stakeholder management software-as-a-service that helps companies better manage their equity, employee share options and digital assets. The founders of Sprout are experienced startup veterans who noticed both service and knowledge gaps in how we manage this. Our mission is to create transparency and democratize economic empowerment and stakeholder management for everyone. We teach people how to turn equity and tokens into the most powerful stakeholder engagement tool.
Roots was founded by Andy Lee, an ex-Uber APAC senior executive, and Tony Sun, a China product and engineering leader, who both have a combined 40-years of experience launching organizations and growing teams to scale. We were founded in 2019 and we are backed by a group of prominent early-stage investors.
For What We Are Hiring
We’re looking for a person who is a Business Operations Intern to help us with various tasks related to our business, partnerships and sales. We are seeking a self-sufficient and detailed-orientated person for immediate hire for full or part-time. Range of tasks will be extensive and every day could be a different challenge. You could be using research methodologies you have learned in school along with some old-fashioned creativity and common sense to perform detailed research in various assignments, tear down a feature, product, service or company and present your findings and recommendations.
You will play a vital role in sourcing and extracting valuable market and competitive information to help develop our products and services. You could be helping with some content creation that is related to our platform as well as helping with administrative tasks for our founders and team members.
You’ll have a unique opportunity to join a startup and learn the best practices from Silicon Valley and China against the backdrop of a traditionally financial hub as Hong Kong.
What You Will Do
- Create a plan of action, set project goals, and manage to completion
- Coordinate with product management to determine research objectives
- Work following project brief and deliver frequent project updates
- Identify market trends and patterns while picking out signals from the noise
- Perform evaluative analysis of selected resources and competitors
- Design surveys, questionnaires, polls, etc. specific to research requirements
- Test research methodologies to confirm intended purpose of evaluation
- Utilize various professional sources to find and extract pertinent information
- Frequently self-audit work and check data for errors and inconsistencies
- Compile and organize findings in graphs, charts, mock-ups, and diagrams
- Document, report, and present research findings to management and end-users
- Currently enrolled at an accredited university in Hong Kong with in-depth knowledge and studies of a relevant field such as business administration, computer science, law, math or statistics
- Strong work ethic, curiosity, positive attitude and drive
- Understanding and prior experience conducting statistical analysis
- Ninja-level skills using Microsoft Office Suite
- Exceptional math, statistical and analytical skills
- Effective and structured communicator, both orally and written
- Fluent in an Asian language such as Mandarin or Bahasa
- Transparent team player with strong ethics and beliefs
Please send a cover letter and your CV to careers(at)getsprout.co